Rotary Engine Illustrated Community
This site endeavors to be the best resource on the internet for educational material on the Rotary Engine.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need some help!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rotary Engine Illustrated Community Forum Index -> Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3rd Gen...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: Need some help!!!! Reply with quote

I'm here for some help as you can see... Well I have a 3rd gen T/T Rx-7. Last week as I was driving I went from 3rd gear to 4th, before I hit the 4th gear I felt something go not sure what. When I was at the stop light my car was running like crap. Now I think it was the turbo, but not sure due to the amount of black smoke coming out of the tail pipe and with a small amount of oil located in the upper intercooler pipe and in the intake system..Please help???
Jingyee
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When it started running "like crap," you kept on driving it home? I assume u haven't started it up since, what did it feel like when you were driving home.

How many miles on your engine? Any modifications, it almosted sounded like ur engine blew, but could have been from an external spot. If you saw black stuff coming out of the exhaust u could have been burning alot of oil, check the oil, where are you located?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
3rd Gen...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The car felt rough as I was driving it back home, lost of power, slow take off and struggled to get up the hill... The car has 103,000 miles on it and no engine mods all stock. I thought it was the turbo so I started to take apart the engine and notice three busted vacuum lines, not really sure if that would have had an impact on the car. I'm new to the rotary fam, so I'm lost and confused Sad . Any info would help thanks....Seattle, WA
3rd Gen...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more question....On the throttlebody elbow. what is that line that's connected to the back side of the elbow?
Jingyee
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I can't pin point anything for sure, but I would definintely replace the vacum lines. If your engine has 103,000 miles on it, and the engine has never been rebuild the engine could just be getting tired.

Although some rotary engines last alot longer, the twin turbo 3rd gen engines have an extreme amount of heat, and do not last nearly as long. Regardless if it is your other engine parts, your engine has to be getting tired which is one of the reasons of the slowness. It could be greatly increased due to some other engine stuff as well.

Are you planning on rebuilding the engine yourself?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
3rd Gen...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope.. I don't know anything about roatary engines, so I found a guy who knows alot about the engine and will do the job right....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rotary Engine Illustrated Community Forum Index -> Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: