Rotary Engine Illustrated Community
This site endeavors to be the best resource on the internet for educational material on the Rotary Engine.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Were to find pics and more info On porting?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rotary Engine Illustrated Community Forum Index -> Porting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
def3

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject: Were to find pics and more info On porting? Reply with quote

I am a new member to this forum. I have looked at some of the info on porting on the site. I would like to see more. I am looking to see witxch porting job I will go with for my car.

I will be running twins from BNR, stage 3 not sure if I will go seq. or non-seq. I will drive the car at least 3 days a week. inter cooler set up will most likely be a v-mount. I have a pfc right now.

Any Info will be great.
Thanks
Jingyee
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually this week we will be showing a video on what the ports, are and what ports to choose.

Is your car for the street, it seems like, or it is race?

If its a street car, you may only want a small street port, or a large street port. What year, model of car, is the engine from?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
def3

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jingyee wrote:
Actually this week we will be showing a video on what the ports, are and what ports to choose.

Is your car for the street, it seems like, or it is race?

If its a street car, you may only want a small street port, or a large street port. What year, model of car, is the engine from?

The car is a 95 RX7. This will be driven mostly on the street. I will drive the car probly 3 times a week. I can avoid most traffic if need be. As far as having a car hard to drive on the strret I am not to worried, but I also do not want something that will die on me.
def3

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has the video of the porting showen up yet?
Jingyee
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

def3, No the video of porting has not shown up. We will try to publish that video this week for you though!

Yeah it seems like a small or large street port would be ideal for you, I assume you have already read the porting articles on both of those ports on REI? IF you need more information let me know I can help you.

Are you looking for more pictures to hopefully port it yourself, or just general pictures? Doesn't matter to me, just need to know how good of pictures u need. Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to show u the exact porting in the shop due to intellectual property reasons. But I can find more info around the internet.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
def3

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks that will be great to see video. I have read the other info on the wed of porting. I am just loonking for some more info and pics to see the differance in porting job.

As far aas doing the porting my self I will not do that per say myself. My friend will mosst likely be doing it. I just want to have an idea and pics to look at so that he can see what is out there. He has ported manty rotories, but has done them for sandrails. So I just want to have him see some street ports. I may get a templete form some were. Not sure were,
but if I do get one I will start to reseach that at that time.

I also was thinking of a possible 1/2 bridge port. still unsure on that.

Thanks for you help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rotary Engine Illustrated Community Forum Index -> Porting All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: