Rotary Engine Illustrated Community
This site endeavors to be the best resource on the internet for educational material on the Rotary Engine.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

coolant leak:(

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rotary Engine Illustrated Community Forum Index -> Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrSandman818

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: coolant leak:( Reply with quote

i have a 85 rx7 with the 12a with 160,000 miles on it. i just bought it from my buddy and it had been sitting for a year while were were deployed. so were tryin to get it back up and running and we ran into a problem. everytime i put coolant in the radiator it almost immediatly runs out of the small drain hole thats on the bottom of the bellhouseing. i think that he just left straight water in the cooling system and then parked it for a year. so any expert advise would be greatly appreciated to hopefully get it back up. i have a feeling that the water just rusted through everything and the engines shot. that or a little while back we had some weird weather and we had snow and freezing rain for a couple of days so it coulda also cracked the block. im gonna drop the tranny and flywheel to futher investigate but i just wanted to know if there was some little quirk that these engines had. any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rotary Engine Illustrated Community Forum Index -> Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: