RotaryEngineIllustrated.com Forum Index RotaryEngineIllustrated.com
This site endeavors to be the best resource on the internet for educational material on the Rotary Engine.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

checking and rebuilding

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RotaryEngineIllustrated.com Forum Index -> Rebuilding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blaze Night

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:43 pm    Post subject: checking and rebuilding Reply with quote

ok my buddy recently picked up an RX-7 2nd gen, 86 anyhow with it came enough spare parts to build a second one, which im thinking of doing along with a small grou of my friends, thats not my point here.
i was going to do a check over of some of the parts, and i want to know what to look for in a rotary engine, as far as wear and tare on it, things that would show if a part is still usable or not.
Blake
Been there, done that

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of what you need to know can be found in a Mazda Factory Service Manual (FSM) or even a Haynes manual. The FSM is, by far, the better choice but is expensive compared to the readily available Haynes manuals. It's enough to get you started.
Blaze Night

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok cool, ill do that, but this is prolly an engine is 100k on it or more, i dont know like i said my buddy owns it so im not sure how many miles were on it or if he even knows. but ill start with the FSM or haynes manuals and see where those get me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RotaryEngineIllustrated.com Forum Index -> Rebuilding All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: