RotaryEngineIllustrated.com Forum Index RotaryEngineIllustrated.com
This site endeavors to be the best resource on the internet for educational material on the Rotary Engine.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

will my engine be alright?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RotaryEngineIllustrated.com Forum Index -> Rebuilding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EVLRX-4

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:55 am    Post subject: will my engine be alright? Reply with quote

hey i have a 13b turbo out of a 89-91 rx7 (minus the turbo and will be running a microtech).
the engine is planned to go into my 73 rx4 coupe.
i was just wondering is it ok for my engine to sit for a along period of time (i turn it over by hand once a week and put a squirt of oil down the leading spark plug hole every now and again.
just wanted to know if it will be ok when i install it and go to start it.
i will be running a microtech ecu on this engine and would also like to know is there anywhere on the internet that i would be able to find base maps for microtech ecu's?
Been there, done that

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: will my engine be alright? Reply with quote

EVLRX-4 wrote:
hey i have a 13b turbo out of a 89-91 rx7 (minus the turbo and will be running a microtech).
the engine is planned to go into my 73 rx4 coupe.
i was just wondering is it ok for my engine to sit for a along period of time (i turn it over by hand once a week and put a squirt of oil down the leading spark plug hole every now and again.
just wanted to know if it will be ok when i install it and go to start it.
i will be running a microtech ecu on this engine and would also like to know is there anywhere on the internet that i would be able to find base maps for microtech ecu's?

Engines can be stored quite a long time if they stay lubed and are turned over on occation. There are a million things boardering on paranoid that you could do, like periodically pressurizing the oiling system to lube the bearing and journals, or putting a vacuum on the cooling system to evaporate residual coolant, etc., but it's usually not worth doing. Sorry, I can't help you on the Microtech maps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RotaryEngineIllustrated.com Forum Index -> Rebuilding All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: