RotaryEngineIllustrated.com Forum Index RotaryEngineIllustrated.com
This site endeavors to be the best resource on the internet for educational material on the Rotary Engine.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ID rotary

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RotaryEngineIllustrated.com Forum Index -> Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maueman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject: ID rotary Reply with quote

Hi,
I'm planning for the future. How do I tell the difference in engines? I'm looking for one from a wreaked RX8
If it's out of the car how do I know what year it's from and if it's the 238 hp model? Also does anyone know if it will bolt up to a 2nd gen tranny and does it use the same motor mounts??
Thanks bunches
Gary Question
Blake
Been there, done that

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: ID rotary Reply with quote

maueman wrote:
Hi,
I'm planning for the future. How do I tell the difference in engines? I'm looking for one from a wreaked RX8
If it's out of the car how do I know what year it's from and if it's the 238 hp model? Also does anyone know if it will bolt up to a 2nd gen tranny and does it use the same motor mounts??
Thanks bunches
Gary Question

First of all, you are not going to find an unidentified RENESIS engine. People are not losing them. That's not to say you won't get the opportunity to buy one from a wrecked car, but there will be no mystery of its origin. Anyway, there are a bunch of external differences. The water pump housing is part of the front cover, so that should fairly scream out at you. There are two oil injection holes on each rotor housing. And, of course, it has side exhaust ports instead of peripheral. The higher-rated HP engine is the one with 6 intake ports, instead of 4.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RotaryEngineIllustrated.com Forum Index -> Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: