Rotary Engine Illustrated Community
This site endeavors to be the best resource on the internet for educational material on the Rotary Engine.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The best street ported 13b

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rotary Engine Illustrated Community Forum Index -> The Round Table
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mindofencryption

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:32 pm    Post subject: The best street ported 13b Reply with quote

I am trying to build using a variety of different parts the best street ported 13b. So far here is what I have:

1) 13B rotor housings from 1985 or older housings.
2) 13B or 12A intermediate housing with the large primary ports.
3) 13B 1985 6 port housings.
4) Pineapple racing 5&6 port intake runner sleeves
5) 13B rotors from an 1989 non turbo. They are about 2 lbs lighter and have a slightly higher compression.
6) Crankshaft and counterweights from the 89 to match the balance rotors.
7) Water pump housing from the 89. It is aluminum so it is lighter than the cast iron from the 1985 motor. I have to thread one of the holes on the 89 pump housing to be used on the 1985 motor.
Cool Have Weber 48 DCOE for the motor. I may look into another carb/intake to reduce the intake length and flow more air. Not sure what to pick but testing from Racing Beat shows that the Holley did not make the power as the weber at RPM's below 7000rpm.
9) May use the porting templates from Mazdatrix unless find a better solution.
10) The headers are homemade and may try using anti-reversion inserts. Inserts design based up David Vizard's book "Horsepower with Economy". I have not read anything relating this idea to rotaries.

I know that there is an air flow pressure inbalance between the 6 port housings and the intermediate housings. I am hoping that by using the large intermediate housing ports that this difference will be minimized. I am hoping that people reading this with REAL experience can tell me if the 4 port style engine is still the better option.

It appears that the end & intermediate housings on the 1986 and newer can not be lapped very much because the o-ring grooves are located there.

Jeff
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rotary Engine Illustrated Community Forum Index -> The Round Table All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: