Welcome to Rotary Engine Illustrated
The Best Resource for the Wankel Motor
Your are at the right place to learn about the rotary engine. This site endeavors to be the best resource on the internet for educational material on the Rotary Engine.
You'll find the most up to date information about the wankel motor throughout this website.
This website was made possible by Pineapple Racing with Rob Golden, and Blake Qualley.
On RotaryEngineIllustrated, aka REI, you will find a collection of articles which will show you how a rotary engine works. This gas engine is also referred to as the Wankel Motor because it was designed by the German engineer, Felix Wankel. Current the rotary engine is only being produced in the Mazda RX-8; the motor commonly associated with the Mazda RX-7 and the RX-8. Although it has been around for quite some time, there are some major changes in the RENESIS motor.
- If you are interesting in seeing how the wankel works, be sure to visit our "How a Rotary Engine Works" section, and our rotary engine animations.
- For the at garage mechanics watch our new weekly engine rebuild videos.
- For the enthusiasts, be sure to download some of our detailed desktop wallpapers, and everyone be sure to watch some videos of the powerful rotary engine cars here on REI.
- For the people who love boost, check out our blown up parts section from people who like to tweak their engines, a little to much.
- Want to learn more about the rotary engine, visit our bookshelf.
- The wankel is has a lot of history, be sure to check out the engine history, and the evolution of the rotary engine.
- If you are bored look at some of our engine pictures, and the advanced rotary engine topics.
- Have questions? Want more information which isn't on the site? Let us know on our rotary engine forum.
- Finally, if you are having trouble finding anything, use our search feature, or our site map.
Thanks for visiting Rotary Engine Illustrated.com!
Last Updated ( 04.11.2019 )